The advantage of naturopathy? it allows a complete follow-up and calls on alternative medicines to propose complementary natural solutions which act in synergy. For our naturopath, it is imperative to adopt a double approach, both nutritional and behavioral if we want to lose weight without gaining the pounds lost later.
Step 1: Have a Good Reason to Lose Weight
Before embarking on any weight loss approach, it should be seen as a benefit and therefore a motivation. It is therefore better to think about it upstream and if the benefits are less than the effort required, you will have to ask yourself what are the possible obstacles.
Psychological follow-up, but also in sophrology or hypnosis would be ideal here to find blockages. Losing pounds and then maintaining your weight can sometimes involve an overall lifestyle change. The latter must be accompanied, to allow the patient to understand the origin of his overweight.
Studies show that for a lasting weight loss, it will be necessary to carry out a follow-up over 3 years and a weight maintenance over 3 years to consider that the battle is won. Support in alternative medicine, both to adopt good habits and to maintain motivation, will therefore be closely linked to the success of a weight loss project. Whether a naturopath, a practitioner of traditional Chinese medicine or Ayurveda, a sophrologist, a coach, a reflexologist or a hypnotherapist, the therapist will remain an accompanist of this change, but it will be up to you to play once at home.
Step 2: adopt the right dietary approach
In a weight loss approach, we will talk about restoring a balanced diet and not going on a diet. The goal: to review nutrition as a whole by adopting intakes according to physical activity.
- Consume enough protein (whether animal or vegetable) to maintain muscle mass.
- Take care not to have neuromediators deficits. For example, if you are exhausted you will have to start by raising the dopamine level, or again, if there is a particular appetite for sugar there may be a deficiency in serotonin and we can then use the plants to rebalance deficits.
- Check that there are no particular intestinal disorders.
Once these points are verified, we can then begin its food rebalancing. The basic rules to know absolutely for losing weight:
- Consume seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Add to your diet good vegetable oils (rapeseed, nuts, hemp, camelina, flax …)
- Consume at least once a week small fatty fish poor in heavy metals and rich in omega 3 (sardines, anchovies, mackerel, herring …)
- Eliminate refined foods (white bread, white pasta, foods high in sugar …) to favor semi-complete or whole grains (buckwheat seeds, oats, quinoa, spelled, corn, barley, rye …)
- Consume legumes at least 2 to 3 per week for their vitamin B intake (lentils, chickpeas, split peas, beans, dry beans, red beans, flageolets …).
Another reflex to adopt: ensure a good distribution of intakes over the day. To allow the body to draw on fat reserves, we opt either for a breakfast or for a dinner without sugar. The sugar-free breakfast can consist of an avocado with two slices of ham or a handful of oilseeds with avocado and cheese. During the midday meal, we bring animal proteins if we consume them, like a meat with a portion of vegetable and a little bit of cereals. Dessert is optional, but if you have a sweet desire, you choose a fruit or compote without added sugar.
The snack is not only for children, the adult brain also needs regular intakes to keep energy and concentration, and the snack allows you to have less appetite for the evening. You can opt for a fruit, a sugar-free compote, a homemade pancake with sheep’s or goat’s cheese and oilseeds, sesame or almond cream spread on bread with flowers, there are plenty of options not ! Finally, in the evening, it is better to favor raw vegetables and vegetables cooked with a little cereals or legumes in small quantities.
Step 3: include physical activity in your habits
Getting (re) moving is as good for weight loss as it is for maintaining your health capital. To stay motivated, we choose an activity that we like and oxygenate the body regularly. Another simple and effective idea: use a pedometer or a dedicated application to get an idea of the number of steps you take each day (knowing that the average must be 7,500 steps).
If you don’t have a special opportunity to move during the day, you can practice 30 minutes of active walking 3 times a week. Active walking is a walk in which you are able to speak without losing your breath. By keeping a pace that matches his pace, we will increase his ability to go faster as he increases his energy consumption.
8 low-calorie foods to slim down before summer
3 naturo tips to improve digestion
Bath derivative: the best remedy to boost energy