I am on a diet: what should I eat in the evening to lose weight?
First thing to know: To lose weight, it is first unwise to respect your appetite. “ If you are not very hungry in the evening, do not force yourself to eat, advises Raphaël Gruman, dietitian-nutritionist. A yogurt accompanied by a bowl of soup may be sufficient, provided you have had a balanced snack (a handful of almonds, for example) around 4 p.m. “
If you are on a diet and want to lose weight, the dietitian-nutritionist advises you to compose your dinner as follows: 1 small portion of a lean protein (50 grams) + vegetables (rather cooked for digestive comfort) + 1 dairy (” avoid low-fat dairy products, favor natural dairy products “).
Some examples of slimming evening meals:
- 1 grilled chicken breast + 1 green bean salad with garlic and parsley + 1 plain yogurt without sugar with a few dark chocolate chips,
- 1 handful of shrimps + 1 broccoli puree + 1 white cheese without sugar with a pinch of cinnamon,
- 1 cod fillet in foil with lemon juice + 1 tomato gazpacho + 1 salt and pepper dish
- 1 slice of white ham + 1 cream of zucchini + 1 petit-suisse with a few drops of vanilla extract.
I don’t want to get fat: what evening meal for me?
You don’t particularly want to slim down, but rather want to preserve your figure? Raphaël Gruman advises you to include starchy foods in your evening meal: ” it’s very tasty, but be careful to choose starchy foods that are less rich in carbohydrates: avoid White bread (like the famous baguette), pasta and semolina. “
To compose a light but tasty dinner, opt for 1 serving of protein (lean or not, your choice) + 1 small portion of vegetables (ideally cooked to avoid bloating) + 1 small portion of starchy foods + 1 dairy and / or 1 portion fruit (about 100 g).
Some examples of light evening meals:
- 1 melon slice + 1 salmon fillet in olive oil + 1 portion of quinoa + 1 portion of steamed zucchini + 1 plain yogurt without sugar.
- 2 grilled chipolatas + 1 bowl of wholegrain rice + 1 carrot puree + 1 fromage blanc + 1 handful of red fruits.
- 1 tomato cream soup + 1 butcher’s minced steak + 1 mashed potatoes + 1 piece of Comté + 1 pear.
- A mixed salad: diced ham + corn kernels + quinoa + diced emmental + 2 apricots for dessert.
Any last advice? ” In the evening, avoid fried foods (which are difficult to digest) and alcohol (which can disturb falling asleep). Also have a light hand on starchy foods to limit the intake of sugars – these promote the storage of fat! “
Thanks to Raphaël Gruman, dietitian-nutritionist and founder of The Gruman Method.
Read also :
⋙ Slimming: 20 diet recipes for aperitif
⋙ 12 slimming soup recipes to warm up (without getting fat)
⋙ 13 slimming recipes to make (easily) with Thermomix®