Also called “spinal coiling”, this exercise is ideal for working the abs.
How to make crunches? On the back, legs slightly apart, knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Place your hands behind your head (you can cross your fingers) and raise your chest towards the knees, rolling up the spine. Be careful not to abuse this movement which can, by force, weaken the perineum.
This movement on the ground demands many muscles, and especially the abdominal strap.
How to perform the climber’s exercise? On the stomach, hands at shoulder level, legs stretched. Extend your arms and raise your chest by covering the abs. Bend your right leg, bring your knee towards the chest, stretch your leg again, before doing the same with the left leg. And so on… Gradually increase the intensity by accelerating the movement.
The board on the side
A variant of the classic board, the “side board” mainly stimulates obliques.
How to do the side plank? Lying on your side, take support on your forearm, the other arm’s hand on your hip. By contracting your abs, and putting the weight of your body on your forearm, raise the pelvis, so that your legs, which are stretched, are in the same axis as your bust, your neck and your head. Hold the position for as long as possible, then descend slowly. Do the same on the other side.
Thanks to this exo, we work the gluteal muscles in depth.
How to carry out basin surveys? On a mat, lying on your back, arms alongside your body, fold your legs and place your feet flat on the floor. By covering the abs, lift the pelvis until your chest is on the same axis as your legs. Lower your pelvis (making sure to control the descent), then go back up.
For sportsmen … Are we testing the burpees?
Very complete for burning calories, burpees are excellent for toning the whole body.
- 1. Standing, straight, feet together, arms alongside the body.
- 2. Crouch down and place your hands, palms on the ground in front of you, the legs are folded and you are on the front of the feet.
- 3. With a little impulse, stretch your arms and, at the same time, extend your legs by freeing your feet behind you.
- 4. Gain momentum on your arms so that you can return to the squatting position.
- 5. Continue and jump in the air, back straight, raising your arms above your head. Return to the initial position, before restarting the sequence. After 3 series, recover by walking for 1 min.
Read also :
⋙ Does snacking between meals really prevent you from losing weight?
⋙ 14 exercises to do at the gym to burn a maximum of calories
⋙ 10 small mistakes that we all make that prevent us from losing weight permanently